What you need
- 1 onion – grated
- 1 celery stick finely chopped
- 4 very ripe tomatoes – grated & skin discarded
- 200g dried brown lentils
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Red wine vinegar -to drizzle
- Extra olive oil – to drizzle
What to do
Cut the end of the tomatoes and grate the flesh into a bowl
Put the chopped onion, celery, grated tomatoes (discard the skin) and lentils into a saucepan
Add 6 cups of water
Add the oil and salt
Bring to the boil and simmer for 40 minutes or until the lentils soften.
Add red wine vinegar and stir through before serving.
Serve with crusty sourdough bread.