I came across this delicious Spring salad recipe in the October ’21 edition of a Coles magazine. It’s a nice change to the standard potato salad.
You can easily switch it up by replacing the radish with soft-boiled eggs, which makes it a delicious lunch or light dinner.
What you need
- 1kg kipler or baby white potatoes – washed & thickly sliced diagonally
- 200g snowpeas – trimmed, halved diagonally
- 1 bunch asparagus – woody ends trimmed, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 cup frozen broad beans
- ¼ cup plain Greek yohurt (not the really thick type)
- 2 Tbls whole egg mayonaise
- 1 Tbls lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 3 small radishes – trimmed, sliced thinly
- 120g baby rocket – washed
- A few sprigs of Mint to scatter on top.
What to do
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender enough to easily pierce with a knife. Run under cold water to stop the cooking process – drain well.
Place the snow peas, broad beans, and asparagus in a pot of boiling water for 1 minute. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking process – allow to drain well.
For the dressing – place the yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard and mint leaves in a blender and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
Place all the cooked greens in a bowl and add the rocket and radishes – drizzle with half of the dressing and gently mix to combine.
To serve – transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with remaining dressing and top with extra mint leaves.
Note: The dressing has been slightly changed from the original recipe
Serves 6 – 8