What you need
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic – crushed
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ bunch of silverbeet – thoroughly washed and chopped
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups (300g) Arborio Risotto Rice
- 3 cups (750ml) chicken or vegetable stock – heated
- 100ml white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 30g butter
- 1 handful of grated parmesan cheese
What to do
Soak the porcini mushrooms in 1 cup of hot water for 20 minutes. Drain and chop roughly.
Heat the oil in a pan over medium-low heat then add the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add the chopped silverbeet and cook until the leaves wilt
Add rice, stirring to coat grains, then add wine and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until almost evaporated.
Add the chopped mushrooms then stir in stock, a ladleful at a time, allowing each to be absorbed before adding the next. Be careful not to over stir and break the rice grains.
Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until al dente (you may not need all the stock).
Add the butter, lemon juice and grated parmesan. Cover and let site of 1 minute, then serve.