“Soup is a lot like a family. Each ingredient enhances the others; each batch has its own characteristics; and it needs time to simmer to reach full flavour.”
6 ways to enhance your soup
- For a robust and boldly flavoured soup, you need to invest time and effort.
- Pay attention to the stock – layer the flavours to build a better base.
- Watch over your soup while it simmers to avoid it boiling over.
- Taste it for balance and harmony of flavours along the way – adjust as required.
- Zest it up if it’s a little bland by adding herbs and spices.
- Save some for later – many soups improve the next day.
Please feel free to share your tips on how to develop a soup to its full potential.
Quote source: M Kennedy